Sunday, February 2, 2014

Super Bowl Cake

Well I know I don't normally post the cakes I make on here. Since I do boast of dumpster diving I would like to clarify that none of the items used in this cake were found in a near by garbage can. Ha!
 
   My friend asked me to make a Super Bowl Cake for her so here it is.
 

I used fondant mostly. But the footballs are chocolate.  I downloaded a picture of a football on line and used the wax paper method to make them. The Logos I hand painted with Wilton food color gel.
 One Tip
 When making the helmets after cutting out the opening I found that the upper half was having some support issues.  I took small plastic cups and stuffed them under and then wrapped them in the same color fondant as the inside of the helmet.  The cups held up the cake perfectly and since I used the same color fondant it wasn't really noticeable.  
 I plan on posting more of my cake creations on here.  I love being able to share thanks everyone for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment