Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The perfect table

Ever get something so ingrained in your head that you just can't waiver from it? Well that was me and my kitchen Island. I tend to be an over thinker and after 5 years of daydreaming about remodeling my kitchen I had the perfect kitchen island envisioned. However when the time came to purchase such island I couldn't find anything that fit my vision.  I found a cannon ball water bed at the thrift store for $50 and new exactly what to do with it. I cut the ball portion off the top of the 4 legs  and used the side rails for the top. I used cedar fence slats for the bottom shelf just to add a little more country.   


This is the bed I found. After building it I used a heavy chain and sander on the top to rough it up a bit.
 
 
And here it is! Don't you just love that red!  Table ended up being 3' X 7'.
Looks at those hideous floors! That will be my next blog my friends.  
Please excuse the mess in the background, I was in demo mode!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment