Monday, May 13, 2013

Pine Floors

In pursuit of beautiful wood flooring that was also inexpensive I came up with this.  I used 1 X 6 Pine.  I used my brad nailer (no glue needed) they went down so quick it was crazy.  After that I sanded the floor and cleaned up as much of the sawdust as possible.  Finished the floors off with a coat of Minwax  Clear Wood floor sealer.
 
 
 

To answer your question.... yes the pine is soft and will ding up easy.  But I was wanting a slightly used look.  I have actually had these installed in my kitchen for about a year now and they are still beautiful.  I have big windows in my home so the pine has yellowed a bit.  I think LowE windows would help to prevent that, or you could always stain them. 
This was an easy glue free job that cost about 1/3 of what I would have spent on engineered hardwood flooring.  Also one more benefit I have noticed when I'm in the kitchen for long periods of time my feet and legs don't get as tired.
 
TIPS
1.When choosing your boards be sure to make sure they are straight not bowed.
2. You need a full day dry time for clear coat so plan ahead.
Happy Flooring!


2 comments:

  1. Hi! what about water? have you had any problems? As usually happens with wood flooring?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete